Schools

Durham Hill School

Muskego High School

Historical Schools

Durham Hill School

Durham Hill School circa 1954.

Located near the intersection of highway 45 and 36. Designed by E.F. Ihlenfield, a Burlington, WI architect and built by Weir Brothers of Mukwonago.

Muskego District #6 was organized circa 1842. In the early 1920's the district became Joint #6. It joined the Muskego-Norway Consolidated Schools, Joint District #9 in 1960. The modern school was constructed in 1954. The principal of the school was Carol Vieth.

Closed in 1977.

Muckey School

Peter Muckey, an early Muskego settler, gave the land for the first frame school that was built in this district about 1860 and it was known as the Muckey School on Hwy 24. Originally a log tavern was built there as a place of rest and food on the wilderness trail in 1841.

The school room was heated by a large box stove. The room was filled with long benches where the pupils sat.

On March 11th, 1948 a fire destroyed the frame school and a brick school was built in its place.

The school was closed in 1968.

Oak Grove Elementary School

Muskego Elementary

Muskego District #7, later Joint #7 was organized prior to 1859. The district joined the Muskego-Norway Consolidated Schools, Joint District #9 in 1960. The school was closed in 1965. The school building was later sold and is now a private residence. It is unknown what became of the school records.

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now